Its no secret to anybody who has been following me since the beginning that I am the biggest fangirl on the planet. My friend just told me on Facebook “Stan Lee, Hayley Atwell, and Brett Dalton at Boston Comic Con and now Karen Gillian at Rhode Island Comic Con? You’re going to hurt yourself fangirling to hard.” Which I might. But I was not only a fangirl, oh no. I became a fangirl when I started to get into different TV shows about maybe 2 and half years ago at this point. You can to. Here are my top 5 favorite TV shows that will be sure to get you fangirling with me.
- Supernatural – Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki as Dean and Sam Winchester, two brothers who go out and fight monsters. Literally, they fight demons, angels, vampires, werewolves, shifters, and sometimes teenage girls. Castiel is an Angel of the Lord who comes in at about season 4 and is played by Misha Collins. This is my number one favorite show because its just that good. We’re almost done with our 10th season now, but 1 through 9 are on netflix. Each season has its own story and plot for a bigger pictures, and usually the disaster that happens in the season finale impacts how the story goes on for the next season. I’ll admit it does take a very long time to get into Supernatural if this type of show isn’t really your thing, but its great once you do.
- Doctor Who- This is another one that either you like it or you don’t. The Doctor is an alien time lord who regenerates every time he is killed. Currently we are on the 12th Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi. In the reboot he has been played by Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Matt Smith. He always has at least one compainions, and the most notable in my mind are Billie Piper as Rose with Eccleston and Tennant, Karen Gillian and Arthur Darvill with Smith as Amy Pond and Rory Williams, and Jenna Coleman with Smith and Capaldi as Clara Oswald. Now some of the seasons once you hit Matt Smith start to get really crappy and there are so many plotholes, but getting to at least the 50th Anniversary Episode is worth it.
- Sherlock- Sherlock only has 3 seasons with 3 episodes each. Its technically considered a mini-series I think. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as John Watson. This is just little adventures and cases that Sherlock and John venture off on. Season 3 in my opinion was the best one, because Sherlock comes back from the dead in that one with a new sort of human persona – he’s not stone cold like he was in the previous two seasons.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.- I love this show so much because of how well it runs along with Marvel movies. When Winter Solider came out, S.H.I.E.L.D fell in the show like it did in the movie. It gives viewers the glimpse as to what happens after the Avengers ruin everything or have a big fight to change the world.The show gets impacted and gives me a chance to see what goes on inside the organization for real rather than just seeing the blurred lines that are in the movies. Hyrda is indeed in this show a little bit, but thats what makes this show all the more better!
- Arrow- Everybody knows that I am a big Marvel fan, but Arrow is DC and let me just say that I really love this show. I think its really, really well written and the acting is incredible. This new season three that is on is probably one of the best things that I have seen in a while on television, it has twists and turns and you’re going to be rooting for Oliver and Felicity to get together throughout the whole damn thing.
- Bonus: The Originals- I couldn’t keep this one off. The Originals is a spin off to The Vampire Diaries featuring the Mikaelson family of Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah. It also features werewolf Hayley who winds up pregnant with Klaus’ child. The first season focuses on getting Klaus and Hayley ready for said baby and the first half of season two focuses on getting the baby back to Klaus and Hayley, who had to send her away with somebody to keep her safe just moments after she is born. The baby does not have a very good start to life, but it is made up for in the second half of season two.
But wanna know that is the BEST about all of these shows? Each and every one of them is on Netflix in its entirety! I hope you enjoyed my fangirl musings now tell me, what makes you fangirl (or fanboy) like crazy? Sound off below!