I write a lot about how I don’t believe in New Years Resolutions. They’re bound to fail and I can never think of anything that I’ll actually succeed at – hence why I never make them.
But this year, I’m going to make a good solid attempt.
Inspired by Megan’s post from a couple weeks ago where she had both personal goals and blog goals, I thought it would be a good idea to do the same. Her post is different than this one cause it’s rounding up her goals at the end of the year, but still inspired me and is probably the route I’ll take at the end of the year.
Also, how are we liking the new header fonts? I personally think its much easier and cleaner to read, but still different. Also, my little font stopped working a while ago, so I figured it was time for that one to go too.
Firstly, I guess I’ll start with some personal goals I want to do this year. I accomplished a lot in my life in 2018 after graduating and moving away, and now that I have my life and a routine mostly figured out, I figure its time to go on and work harder at somethings I really want to do.
- Lose 30 pounds. This is the most cliche resolution ever because everyone always says they want to lose weight, but I’ve gained a lot of weight recently because the only thing I can make is pasta so I want to try eating right and cutting out 99% of carbs and sugar out from my diet and taking a walk around the lakes I live by every morning. Slowly I’ll cut out more things from my diet but if I make an attempt to cut sugar and carbs first I’ll see results faster. Also, I can’t afford to buy new jeans. American Eagle jeans are expensive and they’re the only ones that fit me comfortably.
- Save up enough money to get my own place. I love where I am right now and its a good place for me to start, but I do want my own place eventually, wether it be with roommates or on my own. ~~so many decor ideas~~
- Get hired full time at work. This one should be up more because I can’t do the living at my own place thing without it, but I’m technically a full-time intern and I want to keep working my ass off to get hired full time by midway through the year.
- Find some friends. I’m working on this a little more already, but I want to find a group of friends I can hang out with on the weekends/my days off and do fun things with. I’ve kind of started this already and I think that was the push I needed to have to actually realize i can do it.
- Go to a new place at least once a month. There are so many beach cities that I can go to and explore, and I want to go to one at least once a month. I was afraid of doing this by myself, but now I’m kind of just over it and want to get out more.
Now I have some resolutions for my blog. These were a little bit harder because I feel like some of these are really reaching and won’t happen, but if I don’t write them down and attempt them than I’m not trying at all.
- Reach over 200 blog followers by the end of 2019. I was going to say 300, but I feel like that’s reaching. Hell, I feel like even 200 is reaching but is also slightly more do-able. It might be more possible because of some fun new things I have coming up after the new year (the news may be already out at the time of this publishing in which case – go find it on my Twitter if it is).
- Reach the goal of $50 or more of Patrons a month. I opened a Patreon and besides including it on the sidebar and at the bottom of every blog post, I’ve kinda been doing a cruddy job at advertising it in blog groups so I wanna try and advertise that a little more to see if I can get that number up. That way I can use the money to be able to write more things.
- Figure out a schedule that works for me – and stay ahead of it. I’ve tried MWF posting before and just attempting to post more in general per week but I feel like I still don’t have a set schedule; I kind of just post based on what I see or am able to write about. I did a pretty alright job during December of staying ahead of my posts and I want to attempt to keep that going.
- Grow!! The!! Youtube!! Incase most of you don’t know, I have a Youtube channel that is now turning into Nerd Side of Life’s youtube channel and my goal is to grow that over the year to over 100 subscribers, maybe even 200. At this point with Youtube I’ll take anything that’s over 100, honestly.
- Write more content. This one should be obvious, but I’m hoping to not fall back into the slump where I have nothing to write about for months on end and then I come back randomly. I have some ideas that I want to do including collaboration posting and other things to try and get me to stick to it.
Well guys, these are my resolutions for 2019! I’m now going to write these down and tape it to the wall (when I get back home to Florida) so I don’t forget to try doing these. I think that’s the problems with all my resolutions years past – I forget about them.
Hopefully writing them down and taping them to the wall will work and I won’t forget about them any longer.
What are some of your resolutions? Let me know down below, and happy new year to everyone!
Become a supporter on Patreon and help Nerd Side of Life create the kind of content content that YOU want to see!