Hello everyone! Back in January I wrote my 2019 Resolutions blog post and I’m here now to do a mid-year (sorta) check in. I know that a lot of my personal life stuff I wanted to achieve has not been happening. But blog stuff? No clue, honestly.
I’m gonna go down both lists a little bit and elaborate on some of the things that I wrote. Or not. We’ll find out.
Alright, we’re going to do this in the same order I wrote the post in, which was life goals and then blog stuff.
- Lose 30 Pounds. Honestly, I haven’t been trying as hard as I should be nor have I weighed myself so I have no idea. We working on this.
- Save up for a place. Um… yeah. Not going so well. Harder than I thought because of all the rest of the crap I have to pay including my current rent, loans, and bills.
- Get hired full time at work. *wink wink, nudge nudge to my June 2019 monthly*
- Find some friends. Meh??? I’m friends with my coworkers?? Does that count at least a little?
- Go to a new place once a month. Failing miserably. But I work a lot so I really can’t go to places.
Like I said, personal stuff is a bit of a downer. Hopefully goal 3 helps goal 2 out a bit (which I think it will…. maybe) so that’s a big plus on that one. The rest needs to be worked on, but number 1 is the one that I’m struggling with the most. I don’t have enough money to pay a gym membership every month so working out won’t help me there, so I’m relying on just making smarter choices in terms of food.
I’m doing good and bad – the only fast food I have is Chipotle once a week or so. But i’m still having fast food at all and coffee every morning. So I need to at least get my coffee order greatly reduced to a small rather than a large and I’ll be in alright shape. Maybe.
The last 2 won’t happen until work is out of sports season.
Now, onto blog….
- Reach 200 followers by end of 2019. We’re nearly halfway there!! Me and some friendos have started the #100nerds campaign to get me to 100 followers by my birthday on the 19th and we’re at 91 followers now!!
- Reach goal of $50 or more patrons a month. Yeah, this one is getting as lucky. I need to re-think my Patreon stuff. Either i’m gonna close it alltogether or just evaluate my marketing strategy for this.
- Figure out a schedule and stick to it. I went into detail about this a few days ago. We’ll see what happens now.
- Youtube. I’ve been posting 3 days a week since the new Sims pack came out and I’ve just hit 80 subs – so that’s better than I thought I would do. I think I said I’d like to hit over 100 by the end of the year and if I’m 20 away now and keep up the schedule I might get lucky and do it.
- Write more. I took a week off to get my act together, but yet I’ve been able to be almost consistent with writing this entire year, so I’m calling this one a win for now.
These are the ones that are doing better. If I lived in a perfect digital world I would surpass all of these and more, but I have to learn to take it one step at a time.
I can’t define my success by looking at other people’s. I go at my own pace and eventually I will get there. I may take longer than others but I will get there soon enough.
If you set resolutions, let me know in the comments how you’ve been doing. I need to know if I’m the only one behind/failing or if there are others with me!
Become a supporter on Patreon and help Nerd Side of Life create the kind of content content that YOU want to see! Or support with a one-time Ko-Fi donation!